Courses for the AY 2022-23
CLICI organizes Courses in Italian Language and Culture for Tor Vergata University’s foreign students and for external participants. The Courses (60 hours each) will be run from mid-October to 23 December 2022 (1st-semester courses) and from mid-March to the end of May 2023 (2nd-semester courses).
The final exams of the first semester courses will be held online and remotely by January 2023.
The final exams of the second semester courses will be held on-site (written exam) and online remotely (oral exam) by June 2023.
Courses modality (online/on-site)
In the second semester of the academic year 2022-2023, CLICI is going to provide on-site and/or online courses according to the rooms availability and the number of participants.
The courses include 40 hours of classroom lessons (20 lessons of two hours each, held twice a week on-site or remotely on the Zoom platform) + 20 hours of asynchronous online activities for a total of 60 hours.
Confirmation of the activation of each level and the mode of attendance (on-site or remotely) as well as the schedule of each class will be provided a few days before the start of the courses (mid-March).
Free courses for Tor Vergata Students
The courses are free for all foreign students enrolled in any course of the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” (Erasmus students, Undergraduate students, Postgraduate students, PhD students, etc.) and for teachers/professors/researchers/administrative staff who are employees or have a contract with Tor Vergata University.
Costs for external participants
The registration fee for external (non-Tor Vergata) participants is € 300. External students will have to access Delphi platform (see below) again to download, pay (via PagoPA) and validate the registration bill. The bill validation is mandatory in order to be allowed to continue attending the course and to obtain the final certificate.
Registration and placement test
It is possible to register for the second semester courses from 31st December 2022 to 10th February 2023.
In order to register, follow the instructions for one of the following categories:
- Tor Vergata Students (who already have a Delphi account, including Erasmus or Exchange students, Undergraduate students, Postgraduate students, PhD students and teachers/professors/researchers/administrative staff who are employees or have a contract with Tor Vergata University): Registration procedure for Tor Vergata Students
- External (non-Tor Vergata) Students (who don’t have a Delphi account yet): Registration procedure for External Students
Students should pay attention to the following directions during the enrollment procedure:
- Students who are absolute beginners in Italian language have to register on the Delphi platform without taking the placement test. During the registration procedure on Delphi, they will have to select the option “Absolute beginner”.
- Students who passed CLICI’s Italian language final exam held on 17, 18 or 19 January 2023 have to register on the Delphi platform without taking the placement test. Therefore, they will have to wait until they know the exam results and then register by the deadline of February 10, 2023. During the registration procedure on Delphi, they will have to select the option “I passed CLICI’s Italian language exam last semester”.
- Students who are NOT beginners and who DIDN’T pass or didn’t take CLICI’s Italian language final exam in January 2023 are requested to take the placement test consisting of a written, computer-based test – to be held on the Moodle platform – and of an online speaking skills test – to be held on Zoom. During the registration procedure on Delphi, they will have to select one of the following dates for the placement test:
- 15 February (at 4.30 pm CET)
- 17 February (at 2.00 pm CET)
- 22 February (at 4.30 pm CET)
- 24 February (at 2.00 pm CET)
- 27 February (at 4.30 pm CET)
- 3 March (at 2.00 pm CET)
Computer-based test: the written computer-based test will be held on CLICI’s Moodle platform. Students will receive all the information about how to access the platform and take the test 5 days before the speaking skills test at the latest. They will have to complete the written test up to one day before the speaking skills test (e. g.: if they book the test of 15 February, they will receive the instructions to complete the written computer-based test on 9 February and will have to complete it by 14 February).
Speaking skills test: it is possible to book the online test no later than 10 February 2023. However, we recommend to choose the date for the interview as soon as possible, as up to 36 students will be admitted to each session. Students won’t be allowed to take the interview if they haven’t taken the online test at least one day before. Students will receive the instructions to access Zoom some days before the test by email.
External participants will have to access Delphi again two weeks after the start of the course to download the registration bill and pay the € 300 fee. The bill validation is mandatory in order to be allowed to continue attending the course and to obtain the final certificate.
Final exam and certificate
Students have to attend at least 70% of the 40 hours of classroom lessons (held on-site o remotely on Zoom) and to carry out 70% of the online asynchronous activities, in order to obtain the certificate of attendance and to be admitted to the final exam.
Students who pass the final exam will receive a final grade certificate.
The schedule will be provided by email some days before the courses’ beginning along with information about how to access lessons on Zoom (online courses) or how to reach the classroom (on-site courses).
For further information: email@example.com