Courses for the AY 2022-23
CLICI organizes Extensive Courses in Italian Language and Culture for Tor Vergata University’s foreign students. The Courses (60 hours each) will be run from mid-October to 23 December 2022 (1st-semester courses) and from mid-March to the end of May 2023 (2nd-semester courses).
The final exams of the first semester courses will be held online and remotely by January 2023.
The final exams of the second semester courses will be held by June 2023
Courses modality (online/on-site)
In the first semester of the academic year 2022-2023, CLICI is going to provide on-site courses only for some classes of absolute beginners.
The classes for all the other levels and a certain number of classes of absolute beginners are going to be run online and remotely.
The online courses include 40 hours in synchronous mode (20 lessons of two hours each, held twice a week on the Zoom platform) + 20 hours of asynchronous activities for a total of 60 hours.
The on-site courses (60 hours) consist of 3-hour lessons to be held twice a week.
CLICI reserves the right to organize online and/or on-site classes based on didactic criteria (students’ native language, students’ nationality, etc.) and on the organizational needs of the Center.
The activation of each class will be confirmed some days before the courses’ start (mid-October).
The registration fee for external (non-Tor Vergata) students is € 300. External students will have to access Delphi platform (see below) again between 1 and 10 November 2022 to download, pay and validate the registration bill.
Registration and placement test
It is possible to register for the first semester courses from 18 July to 9 September 2022.
In order to register, follow the instructions available here
- Students who are absolute beginners in Italian language have to register on the Delphi platform without taking the placement test. During the registration procedure on Delphi, they will have to answer question no. 17 (see registration procedure) selecting the option “Absolute beginner”.
- Students who passed CLICI’s Italian language final exam held on 14 or 15 June 2022 have to register on the Delphi platform without taking the placement test. During the registration procedure on Delphi, they will have to answer question no. 17 (see registration procedure) selecting the option “I passed CLICI’s Italian language exam last semester”.
- Students who are NOT beginners and who DIDN’T pass or didn’t take CLICI’s Italian language final exam in June 2022 are requested to take the placement test consisting of a written, computer-based test – to be held on the Moodle platform – and of an online speaking skills test – to be held on Zoom. During the registration procedure on Delphi, they will have to answer question no. 17 (see registration procedure) selecting one of the following dates for the placement test:
- 6 September (at 4.30 pm CET)
- 8 September (at 4.30 pm CET)
- 13 September (at 4.30 pm CET)
- 16 September (at 2.00 pm CET)
- 19 September (at 4.30 pm CET)
- 21 September (at 4.30 pm CET)
- 23 September (at 1.30 pm CET)
Once selected and confirmed, the date CANNOT be changed.
Computer-based test: the written computer-based test will be held on CLICI’s Moodle platform. Students will receive all the information about how to access the platform and take the test 5 days before the speaking skills test at the latest. They will have to complete the written test up to one day before the speaking skills test (e. g.: if they book the test of 6 September, they will receive the instructions to complete the written computer-based test on 1 September and will have to complete it by 5 September).
Speaking skills test: it is possible to book the online up to a week before the chosen date and in any case no later than 9 September. However, we recommend to choose the date for the interview as soon as possible, as up to 27 students will be admitted to each session. Students won’t be allowed to take the interview if they haven’t taken the online test at least one day before. Students will receive the instructions to access Zoom some days before the test by email.
External students will have to access Delphi again between 1st and 10 November 2022 to download, pay and validate the registration bill (€ 300). The bill validation is mandatory in order to be allowed to continue attending the course and to obtain the final certificate.
Final exam and certificate
Students enrolled in the online courses have to attend at least 70% of the 40 hours in synchronous mode and to carry out 70% of the activities in asynchronous mode, in order to obtain the certificate of attendance and to be admitted to the final exam.
Students enrolled in the on-site courses have to attend at least 70% of the lessons in order to get the certificate of attendance and to be admitted to the final exam.
Students, who pass the final exam, will receive a final grade certificate.
The classes’ schedule will be provided by email some days before the courses’ beginning along with information about how to access lessons on Zoom (online courses) or how to reach the classroom (on-site courses).
For further information: email@example.com